Agoura Hills & Westlake Village Wrongful Termination Lawyers
Were You Fired for an Illegal Reason?
Losing a job is one of life’s most stressful events. Suddenly your livelihood is seriously jeopardized. The security you counted on to pay your bills and support yourself and your family has been replaced by uncertainty about the future. California is an “at-will” employment state, which means that your employer can terminate you at any time for any reason or for no reason at all. This applies unless you have a written employment contract. Despite at-will employment, however, your employer cannot fire you for a reason that violates state or federal law or public policy. If that occurs, you may have a wrongful termination claim and can fight back to recover your lost wages and benefits and other damages.
If you believe you have been wrongfully terminated, you can get the legal advice you need about where you stand and what can be done at Bradley/Grombacher LLP. Our wrongful termination attorneys in Agoura Hills and Westlake Village are dedicated to protecting the rights of employees where they have been mistreated in the workplace. Our award-winning team has helped hundreds of individuals with employment grievances throughout 50 years of combined legal experience. As a smaller law firm, we provide the personal touch you will rarely find at large, corporate firms yet our history of results speaks for itself. Our team has earned consecutive Super Lawyers listings reflecting our competence and superior level of service.
Wrongful Termination Cases in California
You can bring a wrongful termination lawsuit against your employer if you believe you were fired or laid off for an unlawful or improper reason.
Common reasons underlying a wrongful termination case include:
- Discrimination based on your race, color, religion, national origin, gender, disability, age
- You made a complaint about discrimination, sexual harassment, unsafe work conditions, overtime, or some other issue which led to your termination (retaliation)
- You had a written contract which was violated by termination
- You were asked to comply with what were illegal or unethical activities at work and you refused which caused you to be fired
- You reported the unethical or illegal activities of your employer who then fired you (whistleblowing)
- You believe you were fired because you reported a work injury and/or applied for workers’ compensation benefits
- You were fired because you took medical leave when you or a family member was seriously ill or injured
- You were fired for political activities, such as exercising your right to vote
- You were fired because you took time off for military duty or jury duty
Wrongfully fired? Schedule a free, initial consultation with an Agoura Hills and Westlake Village wrongful termination attorney at (888) 418-7094. Hablamos español.