There were several notable developments affecting class actions over the past year including the very recent Viking River Cruises Decision. The Ninth Circuit again narrowly interpreted “public injunctive relief” under the McGill rule and issued significant decisions on class action settlement approvals. The Ninth Circuit also recently issued a significant en banc opinion regarding class certification issues in Olean Wholesale Grocery v. Bumble Bee Foods, — F.4th —, 2022 WL 1053459 (9th Cir. Apr. 8, 2022) (en banc), including the evidentiary burden for a plaintiff seeking class certification, the assessment of expert testimony at the class certification stage, and the interplay between Rule 23 and injury and Article III standing. The program will feature an update of Pending Cases in the 9th Circuit with some SCOTUS discussion, and several important technical issues required for bringing and defending class actions.
The program is co-chaired by Megan O'Neill of DTO Law and Gillian L. Wade, of Milstein, Jackson, Fairchild, & Wade.
Topics will include:
- Hot Topics in Class Actions in 2022
- Notable Recent & Pending Cases in the 9th Circuit and SCOTUS
- Data Breach and Privacy Litigation
- Class Certification/Developments Including the en banc Decision in the Olean v. Bumblebee Case
- Damages and Issues Related to Admissibility and Conjoint Analyses
- Class Representative Depositions and Discovery
- Getting Class Action Settlement Approval in California
- Megan O’Neill, DTO Law
- Gillian L. Wade, Milstein, Jackson, Fairchild, & Wade
- Julian Poon, Gibson Dunn
- Andre M. Mura, GIBBS LAW GROUP LLP
- Justin Goodwin, DTO Law
- Glenn Danas, Clarkson Law Firm
- Erin Meyer, Keker, Van Nest & Peters
- Nancy Nguyen Sims, Baker McKenzie
- Graham LippSmith, LippSmith, LLP
- Simona Agnolucci, Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- John A. Yanchunis, Morgan & Morgan
- Kiley Grombacher, Bradley/Grombacher
- Krysta Kauble Pachman, Susman Godfrey
- Timothy Blood, Blood Hurst & O'Reardon LLP
- Jillian London, Gibson Dunn
Sheraton Universal Hotel
333 Universal Hollywood Dr, Universal City, CA 91608
Visit here for details and to register!
The event will follow Los Angeles recommended Health & Safety protocols.
This will be a live conference and will not be recorded or broadcast.
This program is approved for 5.5 hrs of CA MCLE general credit hours.
Bridgeport is a State Bar of CA provider of MCLE (Provider 11872) This program offers 5.5 hrs of MCLE. Bridgeport will assist attorneys from outside CA obtain CLE in accordance with the rules of their state.